Now that the weather is turning cooler (finally), we want to snuggle into the warmth of our home. Filling it with the fresh, fragrant scents of the outdoors is just what we need to conjure up warm memories of time spent outdoors and time spent with good friends and family.
This room scent will remind you of being “up north” (probably very a Minnesota phrase) where the pine smell fills the air, and the air is crisp and fresh. So whether you’re in the woods, or just wish you were, you’ll find this evergreen blend to be centering and grounding. This is easy to make and you’ll love it. Enjoy!
-Fresh Room Scent-
• 3 drops organic black spruce essential oil
• 2 drops organic frankincense essential oil
• 1 drop organic juniper berry essential oil
• Organic jojoba oil
1. Slowly drop the essential oils into a 1/2 ounce cobalt or amber glass bottle with spray cap.
2. Cap the bottle and roll gently between palms for 5 to 10 seconds to blend the essential oils.
3. Uncap bottle and carefully fill the remainder of the container up to the base of its neck with organic jojoba oil.
4. Cap bottle again and gently roll between palms for 15 to 30 seconds to blend essential oils with jojoba oil.
5. Allow blend to rest for about a day before use so the scent can meld and develop.
6. Point the spray up and into your room; avoid spraying directly onto furniture or carpeting.
One of our favorite sources for ingredients is Mountain Rose Herbs. Organic ingredients that are high quality, sustainable, fair trade and conversation-oriented is their promise.