Grilled Alder Wrapped Scallops with Cranberries, Oranges & Thyme
These Alder wrapped scallops not only taste delicious with their sweet and savory flavor infused with the subtle smokiness of Alder wood, they also make a beautiful presentation. Perfect for a get-together after a successful show, grilling wraps are easy to use and they keep your food moist while adding a delicious smokey flavor. They are also perfect for protecting delicate foods like fish, seafood and vegetables from direct flames on the grill.
Total Time: 15 minutes
• 8 Alder Grilling Wraps (order online here: Alder Wraps)
• 24 Sea Scallops
• 1 cup Fresh Cranberries, chopped
• 1 Fresh Orange, peeled and chopped
• 1 bunch Fresh Thyme
• 2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
• 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
• Salt & Pepper
1. Spray the Alder Wraps with water on each side
2. Preheat grill to 400°F
3. Gently toss cranberries, orange, thyme, brown sugar and olive oil in a small bowl
4. Fill Alder wraps with cranberry mixture, parallel to the grain of the wood
5. Top cranberry mixture with scallops; season with salt and pepper
6. Fold edges of the wrap toward each other and secure with twine (soak the twine for 5 minutes in water)
7. Place wraps on the grill over indirect heat; grill for 10 minutes
8. Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups
9. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe has been adapted from WildwoodGrilling.com.
Good to Know
Alder is a Pacific Northwest favorite with its delicate, earthy flavor and a hint of sweetness. Alder’s subtle, all-purpose smokiness pairs especially well with halibut and other white fish, seafood, vegetables and fruit.